Computer Science 251
Android App Development
Assignment 2: Activities, rotation, fragments, layouts, and widgets
Due 11:59pm Friday 4 May
- Be able to support switching activities in an app using Intents
- Understand how to handle rotation using Bundles
Read through the end of Chapter 5, being careful to make the suggested modifications to GeoQuiz along the way. (I had trouble getting the landscape layout to work as specified, so I ended up just copy-pasting my existing activity_quiz.xml into the layout-land folder, which looked nice and is what I suggest you do too.) Then complete the Challenge items at the end of the chapter:
- Users can rotate CheatActivity after they cheat to clear out the cheating result.
- Once they get back from CheatActivity, users can rotate QuizActivity to clear out mIsCheater.
- Users can press NEXT until the question they cheated on comes back around.
Remember, for this and future apps, I’ll want to see a distinct icon for your app (not just the cute little Android guy you get by default). If you didn’t do this for Assignment 1, re-read on how to add icons to your app, and do it now, using the Launcher icon generator in Android Asset Studio to help you make the icons.
What to turn in
In your sakai dropbox, create an assignment2 folder. Then, zip up the root directory of your modified GeoQuiz app and upload it to this folder. /body>