Course instructor: Prof. Simon Levy (Parmly 407B, x8419, email@example.com).
Office hours: MWThF 2-3PM, and by appointment.
This page: https://simondlevy.academic.wlu.edu/courses/cs101-winter-2004-survey-of-computer-science/
Textbook / Workbook
Invitation to Computer Science (G.M. Schneider, J.L Gersting)
Invitation to Computer Science: Laboratory Manual (K. Lambert, T. Whaley)
- Prereq: High-school-level math
- Lab projects (50%).
- Two in-class exams (30%)
- Cumulative final exam (20%)
TOPICS – click here for a tentative schedule of topics, including on-line notes.
SCORE HISTOGRAMS: Exam 1 Exam 2
- The Cathedral and the Bazaar : Definitive essay on the Open Source movement.
- Hackers and Painters : What is computer science really about?
- Freedom of Speech in Software : Or, why there should be no software patents.